EAA will host the aviation world once again for AirVenture Oshkosh, Wisconsin this July in celebration of 50 years
OSHKOSH, Wis. – The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration® invites you to AirVenture 2019 in Oshkosh. The Phillips 66® Aviation and Phillips 66® Lubricants teams are gearing up with products, popsicles and giveaways galore while they prepare to meet and greet attendees and talk all things aviation July 22-28.
The International Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) is marking 50 consecutive years of its annual EAA AirVenture fly-in convention in Oshkosh. This year is the “Year of the Fighter” at AirVenture. A roster of legendary American military aircraft, from iconic World War II airplanes to today’s most sophisticated flying machines, will be flying and on display. There to partake in the action will be Miss Montana and That’s All, Brother – two Phillips 66-sponsored World War II C-47s that participated alongside the D-Day Squadron in the 75th Anniversary of D-Day in Normandy, France.
In addition to the historic aircraft, the week-long event features daily air shows, aerobatics and pyrotechnics, educational forums and workshops.
Phillips 66 is magnifying its presence this year at AirVenture. You’ll find the Phillips 66 tent (#430) in a prime location – right by the flight line. Please stop by to purchase special show-priced aviation lubricant products, snag some sweet branded giveaways, and learn more about the exciting activities hosted by Phillips 66, which include:
- Fan-favorite popsicle happy hour. If you notice a crowd gathering around 1:30 p.m., stick around! Monday through Friday, the Phillips 66 tent will host a free-popsicle happy hour. The sweet treats go quickly, so don’t delay in stopping by our tent (#430).
- Meet the Phillips 66 Aerostars. Stop on by the Phillips 66 tent for your chance to meet and chat with members of the Phillips 66 Aerostars team.
- Special air show viewing area at the Phillips 66 tent. The tent is right by the flight line, so it’s a great spot to watch the show, and we’ll have chairs set up for people to come gather. There are daily afternoon air shows, Monday through Saturday 2:30 – 6 p.m. and Sunday 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- The Future of Avgas Forum. Join Phillips 66 and Afton Chemical for a discussion about current industry efforts to create an unleaded replacement fuel, and the challenges and risks associated with the development and commercialization. The session will be held at Forum Stage 5 on Tuesday, July 23 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- EAA Young Eagles Awards Dinner. This year’s Phillips 66 Young Eagles Leadership Award winner will be announced at the ceremony Wednesday, July 24 at EAA Aviation Museum’s Eagle Hangar. This annual recognition emphasizes appreciation for a pilot’s extraordinary commitment to support the program’s mission – to introduce kids to the world of aviation. You can read more about last year’s winner, Joe Coraggio, here.
Additional celebration highlights will include the F-35 Lightning II, A-10 Thunderbolt II, and F-22 Raptor demo teams, which will perform abbreviated demonstrations as part of the daily air shows during AirVenture, as well as participate in the Air Force Heritage Flight program. And, make way for the Apollo 11 command module pilot Michael Collins as a featured guest to help commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission.
Performances by The Fray, who have spent the last 15 years on the Top 100 charts, will bring pop-rock sounds to AirVenture as the featured performer at the annual opening night concert.
If Oshkosh isn’t on your radar this year, you can still participate in the fun! We’ll be live posting from the Phillips 66 Aviation Facebook and Twitter pages, the Phillips 66 Lubricants Facebook page, as well as Phillips 66 Aerostars Facebook page. Follow us to share in the excitement!