EAA welcomes back AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
The International Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) is back for its annual EAA AirVenture fly-in convention in Oshkosh July 26 – August 1. Known as The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration®, attendees will enjoy seven days of world-class aerobatics, airplanes from all eras, and many educational workshops and forums.
The Phillips 66® Aviation and Phillips 66® Lubricants teams are gearing up for another great event with the following activities:
- Meet the Phillips 66 Aerostars
- The Phillips 66 Aerostars will be hanging out at the AOPA tent on Monday at 1:30 p.m. to meet and sign posters for attendees. If you miss out on Monday, they will also be at Phillips 66 tent #430 on Wednesday at 1:30 p.m.
- I Hart Flying Foundation (HFF) Scholarship Activity
- The IHFF team, with Phillips 66, will host a press conference to announce the details of a new scholarship for females in aviation at 11:00 a.m. Thursday, July 29 at EAA Press HQ. Phillips 66 also plans to host Rachelle Spector, founder of I Hart Flying, for a ‘Meet n Greet’ at the Phillips 66 tent on Thursday, July 29 at 2:00 p.m.
- EAA Forum: Fuel Farm and Refueler Filtration
- Join Keith Clark, lead quality assurance and technical rep at Phillips 66, as he discusses aviation filtration and how it works, proper labeling of equipment, and differential pressure and why it is important. Come to Forum Stage 11 on Friday, July 30 from 2:30-3:45 p.m.
- Presentation: Save A Life: Preventing Aircraft Misfuelings
- Keith Clark from Phillips 66 is also presenting at the AOPA Tent on Saturday, July 31 from 12-12:45 p.m. He will be discussing the common mistakes that lead to aircraft misfuelings.
- EAA Young Eagles Award
- This year’s Phillips 66 Young Eagles Leadership Award winner will be announced Wednesday, July 28, at 5:00 p.m. at Theater in the Woods. This annual recognition emphasizes appreciation for a pilot’s extraordinary commitment to support the program’s mission – to introduce kids to the world of aviation. Read more about last year’s winners, Dave and Bonnie Jennen, here.
If Oshkosh isn’t on your radar this year, you can still participate in the fun! We’ll be sharing updates on the Phillips 66 Aviation Facebook and Twitter pages, the Phillips 66 Lubricants Facebook page, as well as Phillips 66 Aerostars Facebook page. Follow us to join in the excitement!
Find the latest COVID-19 information in relation to EAA AirVenture 2021 here for updated news, safety protocols, and information on how the EAA is planning to make AirVenture 2021 as safe as possible this year.