24 FBOs, 8 Customer Service Representatives Recognized by AIN Readers
HOUSTON (May 17, 2023) – Phillips 66® Aviation is proud to recognize the top-rated FBOs in the Americas, according to the 2023 Aviation International News (AIN) FBO Survey.
A total of 24 Phillips 66 branded FBOs were among the coveted list of top operations; 11 were listed in the top 20% nationally. For the sixth year in a row, Henriksen Jet Center at Austin Executive and Jet Aviation at Palm Beach International took home the highest honors, being ranked in the top 5%, along with Business Jet Center at Dallas Love Field and Henriksen Jet Center at Houston Executive.
|National Ranking||FBO||Airport Served||Score|
|Top 5%||Henriksen Jet Center||Houston Executive (KTME)||4.72|
|Jet Aviation||Palm Beach International (KPBI)||4.72|
|Henriksen Jet Center||Austin Executive (KEDC)||4.71|
|Business Jet Center||Dallas Love Field (KDAL)||4.69|
|Top 10%||Texas Jet||Fort Worth Meacham International (KFTW)||4.65|
|Top 20%||Heritage Aviation||Burlington International (KBTV)||4.63|
|Aero Charter, Inc.||Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS)||4.6|
|J.A. Air Center||Aurora Municipal (KARR)||4.6|
|Cutter Aviation||Phoenix Sky Harbor International (KPHX)||4.59|
|Cutter Aviation||City of Colorado Springs Municipal (KCOS)||4.59|
|Northeast Air||Portland International Jetport (KPWM)||4.59|
“It is an honor to work alongside these exceptional FBOs who year after year, receive best-in-service accolades for their efforts,” said Sunny Lopez, Manager, Aviation, Phillips 66. “On behalf of the entire Phillips 66 Aviation team, we congratulate all FBOs who were named to AIN’s survey ranking and look forward to their continued success.”
In addition to the FBOs listed above, the following Phillips 66 branded dealers were ranked as a top operation in their regions:
- Rocky Mountain: Cutter Aviation at Albuquerque International Sunport (KABQ), Cutter Aviation at Phoenix Deer Valley and Phoenix Sky Harbor International (KDVT and KPHX), Cutter Aviation at Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (KCOS), Glacier Jet Center at Glacier Park International Airport (KGPI) and Jet Aviation at Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (KBZN)
- Southeast: Hill Aircraft at Fulton County Airport-Brown Field (KFTY), Fontainebleau Aviation at Miami-Opa Locka Executive (KOPF), and Jet Aviation at Palm Beach International (KPBI)
- South: Jet Aviation at William P. Hobby (KHOU), Flightline First at Lakefront Airport (KNEW), Henriksen Jet Center at Austin Executive (KEDC), Texas Jet at Fort Worth Meacham International (KFTW), Business Jet Center at Dallas Love Field (KDAL), and Henriksen Jet Center at Houston Executive (KTME)
- Northeast: Jet Aviation at Laurence G. Hanscom Field (KBED), Jet Aviation at Teterboro (KTEB), Million Air at Albany International (KALB), and Heritage Aviation at Burlington International (KBTV)
- Great Lakes and Midwest: Lane Aviation at John Glenn Columbus International (KCMH), Million Air at Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS), Aero Charter at Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS), Yingling Aviation at Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National (KICT), Elliott Aviation at Flying Cloud Airport (KFCM) and J.A. Air Center at Aurora Municipal (KARR)
Additionally, AIN recognized FBO employees who routinely go above and beyond in customer service. Congratulations to the following individuals for their dedication and overall professional excellence while working at Phillips 66 Aviation branded FBOs.
|Amanda Brown||Hill Aircraft||Fulton County (KFTY)|
|Lizeth Cervantes||Henriksen Jet Center||Austin Executive (KEDC)|
|Ysabella Tetley||Henriksen Jet Center||Houston Executive (KTME)|
|Brittany Lacy||Aero Charter, Inc.||Spirit of St. Louis Airport (KSUS)|
|Holly Hopkins||Texas Jet||Fort Worth Meacham (KFTW)|
|Kevin Cayer||Fontainebleau Aviation||Miami-Opa Locka Executive (KOPF)|
|Cat Wren||Business Jet Center||Dallas Love Field Airport (KDAL)|
|Richard Campbell||Cutter Aviation||Phoenix Sky Harbor International (KPHX)|
The results are determined by AIN readers who evaluate all FBOs they have visited or experienced during the prior 12 months. FBOs are evaluated on a scale of 1-5 across five categories: line service, passenger amenities, pilot amenities, facilities and customer service representatives.
For more information about this year’s AIN FBO Survey, click here.
Visit phillips66aviation.com for more information about our network of FBOs and programs.