Here’s the latest installment of the Phillips 66® Aviation Employee Spotlight. This quarter, we’re honored to highlight Sierra Johnson.
Name: Sierra Johnson
Title: Contracts & Customer Service
Location: Bartlesville, OK
Years with Phillips: 4 ½ years
Describe yourself in three words: Laidback, Humorous, Focused
1. What do you love most about your job?
- Aviation is a unique business that keeps you on your toes. Every day is a new challenge and I oddly enjoy that at times. The customer relationships that I have created through the years have been great!
2. Briefly describe your professional history and how you arrived at Phillips 66.
- Funny enough, my original plan out of college was to become a Physical Therapist, but life happens, and I found myself at Phillips 66! My sister works at Phillips 66 and let me know of a contractor job opening as an Account Specialist in Aviation. I got the job and 7 months later I became an employee at Phillips 66 and have been here for 4 ½ years now.
3. What’s your background in aviation?
- The closest background I have in aviation is when I fly. But since I took this job, I have come to love aviation! Anytime I mention that I work in aviation at Phillips 66, peoples’ ears tend to perk up and immediately are intrigued which is fun to talk about.
4. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- I love watching Marvel movies with my husband. During one of the blizzards, we watched all of the Marvel movies in chronological order and loved every second of it. I also love hanging out with our group of friends. I am also always up for an adventure!
5. What’s your next vacation? (briefly describe)
- Cayman Islands will be our next big vacation! My husband grew up going every year to the same resort and his family are all going back to the same resort for the first time in 10 years! I will be on the beach and not moving for 7 days 😊
6. What’s your favorite place to travel to?
- My favorite place to travel has to be Switzerland. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. When my husband and I went we had a guided tour for the day and started in Zurich and went all through Switzerland by train. I would go back in a heartbeat!